Web hosting has gained popularity due to the importance of the internet in the modern day world. Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is one such technology that will bring many benefits to your startup business. What is VPS web hosting? A virtual private server has its own operating system (OS), custom disc space and dedicated bandwidth.
A VPS is a space that a data center gives you on their physical server. You will need to create an account with your VPS hosting provider to access the resources. Once you have an account, you get a virtual environment with the ability to manage your domain the way you desire. So, why should you consider VPS hosting for your start up business?
- Less Expensive Then Dedicated Servers dedicated servers are expensive to purchase, thus you will use less money to set up an account with a VPS service provider. The money saved will go a long way in helping you meet the costs of other services that you need for your business.
- Use What You Need Only Setting up a VPS server for your business allows you to decide on what you want to use and subscribe for that. This makes you avoid having unnecessary features on your server that take up your much-needed bandwidth and storage space.
- Your Storage Space Grows Along With Your Business It doesn’t mean that the given space is the limit for you. As your business grows, you can scale up the functions of your server as the business becomes bigger. You can decide to add better features, more disk space or get a bigger bandwidth to accommodate increased traffic needs. In case the amount you are paying is too high for your business, you can decide to downgrade and get a cost effective solution.
- Tech Support Provided Shared hosting services have some of the best technical support out there. This support is also available for VPS server hosting.
- Avoiding the Downtime Issue Since disk space and memory for this server is allocated individually, there is no effect on other hosting accounts on the same server. This means that performance and speed of your server will be the same, reducing on the problem of business downtime due to poor server performance.
- Security is Priority One Virtual private server work as dedicated servers and give you better security for your information. Security configuration and antivirus software are in your hands. Getting infected with a virus or your account being hacked is remote because of the insulation from other virtual servers on the main server.
- Don’t Have to Be Techy to Have VPSWith VPS hosting, you will be able to undertake server level tasks such as installing server applications or host several domains at no additional costs. You can also decide between unmanaged, semi-managed server maintenance or full maintenance by your provider.
If you don’t know how to manage your server environment, don’t choose the unmanaged service because you will not be able to handle the tasks. Managed VPS hosting will give you full support from your provider ranging from installation, initial setup, data transfer to the new environment and which control panel to use.8. Complete Control on Your Side Complete control is yours when you use a VPS web hosting server for your startup business.
You decide when you to reboot your server, what software to install at what time or which ports you want to be open or closed. With VPS hosting you will have complete control over your domain and enjoy resources and features of a dedicated server at a low cost. You cannot downplay the benefits of VPS hosting for your start up business. Author Bio: Beljan is a tech blogger and a writer publishing useful business tech information as well as latest news on VPS Hosting implementation for improved business performance.